Hi there! I'm Mindy and I'm so glad you decided to stop by today! As a natural light photographer I consider myself incredibly blessed to be able to use my love of photography to capture moments in time for my fantastic clients.

As a mama to two young children, my family comes first and as such, I am only scheduling a limited number of sessions each month so please book early to make sure you get on my calendar! If you have any questions or would like to book a session please email me at info@mindynewtonphotography.com or give me a call 209-304-7025.

Monday, October 31, 2011

Finally...an Incredible Family {MAY You Be Blessed Winners}│Sacramento Family Photographer

You may remember back in May I ran a campaign called "MAY You Be Blessed", my small way of honoring a well deserving family who has overcome adversity or is currently facing difficulties.  The deserving family received a complimentary photo session and disc of images.

I received nominations from many wonderful and deserving families and I am honored to introduce you to the amazing Escobar family.


 Here is the nomination email I received for Jaime and her family,

"Jaime Escobar- Busy mommy to 4 kids  ages  6, 5 year old twins and a 3 year old with special needs. Her pelvis broke when she was pregnant with the twins. When her youngest was born she had four kids two and under. Her youngest Maggie appeared fine when she was born but when she was a few months old she was diagnosed with Tubersclerosis, she has lot's of benign tumors in her brain which causes her to have seizures on a regular basis.  When Maggie was just two years old Jamie had to have brain surgery and was on bed rest for 3 months. Her mom & mother in law took turns helping with the kids. Jaime also had to have a knee surgery somewhere although I can't remember the exact timing of when. They were told that little Maggie would never walk or talk and at one point they were told to gather all of the family because Maggie had only a short time to live. They were also told Maggie would need a lobectomy but with the risk of loosing her hearing & eye sight.   Jaime decided against this and is giving Maggie a special liquid diet and she is showing lot's of improvement.  Maggie is now 3 years old and is doing great.  She is a little miracle.  She can walk and talk. She can laugh & play and do things that they never thought she could do.  Jaime keeps busy with activities for the older kids and therapy for little Maggie.  Jaime is so friendly & happy & encouraging.  One would never know that she has faced so many difficulties in the last few years.  Jaime just completed her first half marathon.  Family pictures would be so special to them.  It would be a reminder of all that they have been through and to celebrate how far they have come."

I had a wonderful time at our session Jaime and LOVED working with you sweet family!  You are an inspiration and blessing to many!








This image may not jump out to some as wonderful, but considering little Maggie was never expected to walk, this is not only beautiful but extraordinary!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW!! What a great family! I have tears in my eyes as I read this story! You chose well Mindy! Blessings on this family! ~Raeane ;)

Alicia said...

A very deserving and precious family! These photos are amazing! My favorite is the first one of them all walking.