Hi there! I'm Mindy and I'm so glad you decided to stop by today! As a natural light photographer I consider myself incredibly blessed to be able to use my love of photography to capture moments in time for my fantastic clients.

As a mama to two young children, my family comes first and as such, I am only scheduling a limited number of sessions each month so please book early to make sure you get on my calendar! If you have any questions or would like to book a session please email me at info@mindynewtonphotography.com or give me a call 209-304-7025.

Thursday, May 6, 2010

A Little Joy from Down Under

Okay so technically I didn't go "Down Under", but these are pictures of my joyful nephew and my gorgeous sister-in-law is a super cool Auzzie with a lovely accent.  You may remember little Joshie as I welcomed him into the world here, at a few weeks old he was my first attempt at newborn photography here, I adored capturing his big brother and sister here (probably still my favorite shoot ever, shhh...don't tell anyone) and I tried to keep up with him as he keeps growing and was at 5 months here.

Five months later, this neglectful Auntie was able to focus her camera on him once again as the kids and I were enjoying some Otter pops and playtime in their backyard.  I hope you'll enjoy meeting Joshie as he's heading toward the big 1 year mark!


There is a picture from Picture People of his older brother at 1 year old standing just like this one, holding onto mom's fingers.  The similarity in their looks is striking I think, but I still see some subtle differences as well:



All three children sucked their two fingers - no thumbs, no pacis, just those two comforting fingers!



Having fun with mom:




Isn't she just gorgeous??!


21 comments:

Heather said...

What a doll baby! I love the one with the sun stream! And the sucking fingers. Sweet sweet sweet! And yes, she is beautiful :D

Megan said...

You caught some great moments :) Little Joshua is adorable!

Mindy said...

I know that sun flare was great - love the afternoon sun and these impromptu moments!

Shannon Joy said...

Oh that first one is precious!! I absolutely LOVE the flare!!!!

heidi said...

i love the thumb sucking one, lands laying down and holding him up , and the 2nd to last!!! so good. Yes, she is "goul-juss" as Lands would say:)

Frizzy said...

Love her and her family! She couldn't be any sweeter. Great shots Mindy!

Jolie Starrett said...

Ahhhhhhh what a cutie!

Jen said...

Such a darling little guy!! They are so lucky to have such amazing images of their little guy's personality! Great job Mindy!

Amii said...

So sweet! I just love the second to the last image...such perfect lighting!

Christina K said...

LOVE the one with his fingers!

rachael said...

what a cutie!

The Leonards Family said...

Cute family!

Nichole said...

What a sweet baby!! Love these!

Trisha said...

So cute! I love the shot of him sucking his fingers.

Mindy said...

Thank you all for the sweet words - I'm so blessed to have such lovely family and to have them living near too!

Beth said...

What a cutie!

rezika Zurch said...

so beautiful!

CrystalL said...

Sweet images, great captures!

Krista said...

Adorable shots!

Melissa said...

LOVE them! thanks so much for coming over to Celebrating Everyday Life! i look forward to seeing more of your shots!!

Mindy said...

Thank you ladies for stopping by and your sweet words!